New Linn DSM
Linn DSM range of digital music players play everything and sounds amazing. Browse your music library using from a your PC, Mac, Ipad or phone, choosing albums by cover and creating playlists with your favourite songs or tracks.
Linn have opened up new possibilities with the DSM range of product. Tailored to fit in to a living room environment by offering new connectivity suited to a plethora of product. From Sky HD to games consoles to a record player, Linn DSM will bring the best out of any source you choose to connect.
Rediscover your music collection with Akurate DSM, a digital music player which will re-ignite your passion for music.
Akurate DSM excels with any digital music, reproducing your favourite albums with exceptional dynamic range and musical detail. Choose your preferred phone or tablet to control your music and select from high quality internet radio stations and the latest online music services.
Housed in a stunning precision-engineered enclosure, Akurate DSM brings a level of elegance to your living area that matches the audio performance. With enough analogue and digital inputs to connect any audio source, it will also bring your movies, tv and games to life like never before.
Any sources you connect to your DSM System via HDMI will sound better as they will benefit from the superior DAC and custom Linn up-sampling of the audio. Any video content on the HDMI signal will be passed through to the TV or output device connected via the HDMI out. Audio content will also be automatically passed through if the DSM is in Sleep mode.
With HDMI inputs, you can now play back SACD (Super Audio CD) and DVD-A (DVD Audio) discs by connecting the disc player to your DSM System. SACD content will be down-sampled to 176.4 K or 88.2 k and multi-channel audio down-mixed to stereo but this does allow high-quality playback of discs which cannot currently be ripped for streaming.
Signal paths have been reduced to a minimum by providing separate volume controls for analogue and digital sources. Analogue sources follow a pure analogue path through a conventional high-quality analogue volume control. Digital sources use a hybrid volume control that combines the best aspects of digital and analogue technology to maintain optimum performance even at low volume levels.
- Plays digital music over a standard Ethernet network
- Built-in pre-amplifier with separate analogue and digital volume control circuits for each type of source
- Streams internet radio, podcasts and ‘listen again’ broadcasts
- Decodes FLAC, WAV, ALAC, MP3, WMA, AIFF, AAC and OGG audio formats with up to 24-bit 192 kHz native sample rate
- Songcast support allows synchronised playback of audio around the home
- 14 inputs (Balanced (XLR), RCA Phono, HDMI, S/PDIF, Toslink) for connection and up-sampling of additional sources
- Hybrid volume control for digital sources, combines coarse analogue attenuation with fine digital adjustment
- Balanced (XLR) input, plus balanced (XLR) and unbalanced (RCA) outputs
- HDMI, S/PDIF and TOSLINK inputs, plus HDMI pass-thru
- Option to convert one analogue input to Phono (configurable to moving magnet or moving coil)
- AUX input on front for easy connection of portable devices such as MP3 players
- Linn Dynamik Switch Mode Power Supply (SMPS)
- Precision-engineered enclosure offers exceptional acoustic properties
- Compatible with UPnP™ media servers and UPnP™ AV 1.0 control points